Arab Amreeka: The AASA Blog will be launched in the next few weeks!
Stay tuned for updates on this new feature.
Want to contribute the AASA’s intellectual community? The Communications Committee and Web Coordinator are seeking volunteers who would like to contribute a blog post once or twice throughout 2015.
- Posts should be between 750-1000 words
- Topics include and are not limited to: research methodology, teaching and pedagogy, conference/panel reflections, professionalization (how-to tutorials, etc), and beyond! All topics should be relevant to academics, scholarship, and Arab American studies as a field.
- Blog posts will be open for comments and will be publicized through the AASA website, email newsletter, and social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook).
- Blogs will be due to the Web Coordinate on the last Friday of each month for publication on the first Monday of each month.
Blogging is open to current members who have paid their membership dues. We are currently setting up a schedule for 2015. If you would like to write a post please contact the AASA Web Coordinator, Umayyah Cable, at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- The topic/theme you would like to write on i.e. research methodology, teaching and pedagogy, conference/panel reflections, professionalization (how-to tutorials, etc), or pitch a topic/theme of your own.
- A working title and 2-3 sentence abstract.
- Your top 3 preferred deadline dates (last Friday of a month).
The AASA Board is committed to fostering a rich online intellectual community through our blog and social media accounts. We look forward to getting the conversation rolling!